CH4033 Heterocyclics & Drugs
- Identify the approaches that are required for the synthesis of complex heterocyclic molecules.
- Apply effective retroshynthetic analysis and determine the most appropriate strategic bond disconnections.
- Recognise and explain the limitations of various reagents when they are applied on an industrial scale.
- Recognise the requirement for production of chiral drug molecules as single enantiomers, where necessary.
- Outline the contribution made to the Irish economy by the synthesis of some of the drugs discussed.
|Go to Previous ... CH4031||Go to Next ... CH4034|