Preliminary Course 2016
Each year the School of Chemistry organises a Preliminary Course in Chemistry. This course is designed to help students who have a weak background in Chemistry. It is recommended only for those who have attained ordinary level or less than grade C in higher level Leaving Certificate Chemistry. Any student who has not studied chemistry before should make a serious effort to attend.
The course is available to all students who accept an offer of a place in Trinity College and are intending to study chemistry in the First Year i.e.:-
- Science (TR071),
- Medicinal Chemistry (TR075),
- Chemistry with Molecular Modelling (TR074),
- Nanoscience, Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials (TR076),
- Human Genetics (TR073),
- Earth Sciences (TR077),
- Engineering (TR032),
- Engineering with Management (TR038),
- Radiation Therapy (TR055),
- Human Health and Disease (TR056),
- Physiotherapy (TR053),
- Dental Science (TR052),
- Dental Technology (TR803).
There is a fee of €60.00 for the course, payable at the registration period. The course runs from Monday 12th September to Friday 16th September 2016. Students are not obliged to attend all the sessions but the fee is standard.
The course is held before the start of the academic year proper and consists of a series of lectures and problem sessions. The latter will involve tutorial-group teaching (more details will be given at registration). All the material necessary for the course will be provided. A calculator will be needed in the problem sessions.
Registration for this course will take place between 9:00 am – 10:00 am on Monday 12th September directly outside the MacNeill Lecture Theatre.
Pre-booking for this course is not necessary.
- Attendance at the course does not represent a commitment to taking Chemistry as a first year option.
- If you wish to pay by cheque please make payable to: TCD No. 1 a/c
- Enquiries can be made to the School of Chemistry Office – telephone: 01 8961972 or 8961726.